Happy New Year! Today I realized I forgot to post about my work treats! This used to be my go-to recipe before my Cashew Truffle Recipe took over. I’d forgotten about this one and came across it going through old archives so I thought I’d whip it up this year and write about it so I didn’t forget. Sometimes I need a nut-free option.
They are seriously so easy, and vegan cream cheese is really accessible now. My closest grocery store is surprisingly not very vegan pre-made friendly for California (my regular Missouri grocery store has about triple the products) and they have vegan cream cheese. This time around I used Trader Joe’s brand vegan cream cheese.
Easy Vegan Truffles
- 1 12 oz package of dark vegan chocolate chips
- 8 oz of vegan cream cheese Tofutti is what I used
- 3 cups of powdered sugar you can get "vegan" in the health food isle
- 1 tsp of instant coffee granules I left it out, I hate coffee
- 1 tsp soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for rolling
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes to melt the chocolate. Set aside
- Beat the cream cheese on medium until smooth. Gradually add the sugar until blended. Dissolve the instant coffee in the soy milk and add to the cream cheese mixture. Add the vanilla and melted chocolate and mix well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before shaping into 1 inch balls. Roll in the unsweetened cocoa powder and then chill. Store in the fridge.