I thought making square or rectangular shaped cookies would be awesome for shipping out this year in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. However, I had to play with is recipe since the first batch was crumbly and the second was hard as a rock. I’ve got it now though!
I made a double batch this time and it worked great in a half sheet pan. A double batch will take a full pound of peanut butter. So you know it’s good. I found vegan butterscotch chips online (kosher too) so I thought I would include them. If you can’t find any just add extra chocolate chips.
Cookie Biscotti Sticks
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 12-oz. package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Stir together brown sugar, margarine, and corn syrup in a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla. Gently stir in oats. Press into bottom of an ungreased 13" x 9" pan lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 375° for 20 to 22 minutes or until browned.
- Melt together chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels, and shortening in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until smooth; stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter. Spread over baked cookie crust; sprinkle with peanuts. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
- Lift uncut cookies out of pan using foil as handles. Cut crosswise into approximately 1"-thick sticks using a large chef's knife.