Today is my husbands birthday! Happy Birthday Ben! Truth be told we’re in St. Louis today celebrating with his family but I made him a cheesecake before we left. An early gift. This weeks #SundaySupper is Unprocessed.
Unprocessed to me is ingredients as close to nature as possible. That doesn’t mean that you can’t have dessert! Maple syrup is really processed if you think about it, all that boiling down of sap but to be honest it’s not as processed as regular sugar. The rest of the sweetness in this cheesecake relies on dates.
I didn’t want something soy, so I went with cashews. When you soak them overnight they can take on a creamy texture when blended. Since I knew we were going to be indulging all weekend away, this was a great more natural treat to start the week. So in case you feel guilty but want some smooth and creamy cheesecake, think raw!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp water, as needed
- 2 cups cashews (soaked overnight in a bowl of water then strained)
- 2/3 cup raw organic maple syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup organic cacao powder (you want raw organic cacao-the healthiest stuff. Not the junk you buy at the grocery store)
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- Grind the almonds in a food processor. Add in the remaining ingredients and process to combine into crust.
- Press into the bottom of a 9×9 pan. Set aside.
- Blend all but the oil and butter until smooth and creamy in a high-speed blender.
- Add the last 2 ingredients and blend again to incorporate. The mixture is thick.
- Pour over the crust. Set in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
Alluring Appetizers and Stunning Sides
- Brioche Dinner Rolls by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Stuffed Peppadew Peppers by An Appealing Plan
- Homemade Fennel-Maple Mustard by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sweet Potato Noodles & Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Whole Grain, No-Knead Sourdough Bread by Peaceful Cooking
- Sweet Potato Fries by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Indian Spiced Dal and Sag Aloo by Happy Baking Days
- Homemade Energy Bars by The Foodie Army Wife
- Honey Thyme Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sweet Potato and Carrot Hash by Fit Foodie Runs
- Roasted Parsnips and Carrots with Cardamom and Maple Syrup by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Spicy Smashed Fingerling Potatoes by Magnolia Days
- Autumn Panzanella by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Curried Apple Chips by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Stuffed Acorn Squash by Rhubarb and Honey
- Homemade Hash Brown by Basic N Delicious
- Raw Salted Chocolate Chip Oat Healthy Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Basic Roasted Cauliflower by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Beet Chips by The Dinner-Mom
- Crispy Tex-Mex Quinoa Patties by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Authentic Chicken Tinga by Shockingly Delicious
- Jacket Potato Party by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mom’s Homemade Vegetarian Meatballs by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicken and Sweet Potato by MealDiva
- Chinese Five Spice Chicken Stir Fry by Nosh My Way
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Coconut Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Dip by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Burgers with Garlicky Arugula by Cooking Chat
- Baked Zucchini with Spicy Tomatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Fall Squash Soup by Ruffles & Truffles
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Momma’s Meals
- White Bean Pesto Stew by eating in instead
- Seared Pork Stack by annaDishes
- Gnocchi with Peas and Pesto by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pumpkin & Sausage Pasta by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Vegan Mini Chocolate Cream Cakes by NinjaBaking.com
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.