Muffins. Yeah, I’m an addict. But these are perfect for getting back on schedule. This #SundaySupper is Back to School! I felt like creating something and muffins or cookies came to mind. Let’s face it, muffins are a bit more of a healthy snack in the grand scheme of things. I’ve been thinking about oatmeal raisin cookies lately, but I decided on making muffins. A perfect breakfast or afternoon snack. I really like the flax seed egg replacer in this recipe as it gives the muffin a bit more texture. These are hearty with the oatmeal and not so bad on the oil content. They still need that little bit for moisture so if you want to omit you should think about swapping in some apple sauce. These make a healthy breakfast on the go. Or on the lawn, like my photos. It’s a back to school picnic around here I guess.
Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax seed
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F for 15 minutes. Lightly grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix the almond milk and vinegar together and set aside for 5 minutes, for the mixture to curdle. Mix about a tablespoon of flour with the raisins, so that the raisins will not sink to the bottom of the muffins.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the curdled almond milk, maple syrup and vegetable oil. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the raisins and nuts.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4ths full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool it on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. If you use paper liners, remove the muffins out of the pan just after 5 minutes to prevent condensation.
Back to School Beginnings
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Muffins from Killer Bunnies
- Make Ahead Waffle Casserole from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Apple Muffins from Meal Diva
- Apple Oat Breakfast Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Toast Three Ways from Foxes Love Lemons
Back to School Lunches and Simple Suppers
- Owl Bento Box from Simply Gourmet
- First Day of School Pinwheels from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Quick and Easy Hot Pastrami Sliders from Webicurean
- Grilled Chicken Revamp from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken and Zucchinin Meatballs from Casa de Crews
- Clean Eating Lunches Your Kids will Love from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Crispy Chicken Legs from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- DIY Veggie Cup Noodles from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Nuggets from Nosh my Way
- Skinny Spinach Mac and Cheese from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Chicken Schnitzle from Panning the Globe
- Berry Nutty Bento from Ninja Baking
- Spagetti and Chicken Meatballs from Soni’s Food
- Chopped Shrimp Salad with Honey Lime Vinagraitte from The Weekend Gourmet
- Steak & Cheese Pockets from Momma’s Meals
- Turkey Pinwheels from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Back to School Sips
Back to School Super Snacks
- Nutty Granola from Life Tastes Good
- On the Go Guacamole from Shannon at Country Girl in the Village
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Energy Balls from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Playground Granola Bars from Noshing with the Nolands
- Apricot Dip from Magnolia Days
- Parmesan Garlic Oven Roasted Chick Peas from Ruffles and Truffles
- Home Made Graham Crackers from Curious Cuisiniere
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Apple Zucchini Flax Bread from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Beef and Veggie Sliders from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn from Simply Healthy Family
- Frushi (Fruit Sushi) from Mama Bee Does
Back to School Sweets and Treats
- Open Face PB & J Cookies from Desserts Required
- Berry Topped Chocolate Silk Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Paletas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Love Note Doodle Bugs from Happy Baking Days
- Frozen Yogurt Mud Pies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brown Butter Peanut Butter Crispy Treats from The Texan New Yorker