Oh #SundaySupper, this theme was super confusing to me: tantalizing trays. I kind of went with what I think it meant. Where did my mind go? Well, parties, carrying trays, little bites, bite sized desserts… mini donuts. That’s about right huh? Well, it is in my world.
My lemon tree isn’t producing as many lemons as it has in the past, or my neighbours have finally caught on to my meyer lemon stash. Either way, it’s making me really want to pack a punch with my lemon choices. These donuts are pretty darn easy. I’ve made them with and without lemon zest in the glaze but the photo is just without… mostly because we ate all the other ones.
I should have really considered putting these on a tray, however those who come to my house know that raiding the kitchen is always welcome and there’s not carrying around of desserts. I’m pretty casual like that.
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of 1 lemon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Ener-g Egg Replacer
- 1 Tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/2 Cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk
- Lemon zest (see below)
- Sprinkles or other baking decorations (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, egg replacer, melted butter and almond milk. Zest the entire lemon and add 3/4 of it to the wet mixture. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spray a mini donut pan with non-stick cooking spray and fill each cavity about 2/3 full. Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 10 - 11 minutes. The donuts will not be very brown but they should be springy to the touch.
- While they're baking, make the glaze by combining the melted margarine, almond milk, powdered sugar and remaining lemon zest in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. When the donuts have cooled, dip each one about half way into the glaze and place on a rack or plate to set. Sprinkle with baking decorations, if desired.
- Antipasto Skewers by Simply Gourmet
- Bite-Sized Meatballs by MealDiva
- BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- BLT Canapes by Peaceful Cooking
- BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Blueberry Jam and Goat Cheese Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Brie and Tomato Bruschetta by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cajun Deviled Eggs by Peanut Better and Peppers
- Charcuterie Board by Family Foodie
- Cheese-Filled Apple Rounds by eatingininstead
- Coquilles St. Jacques by Nosh My Way
- Crudite Platter with Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Dip by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crunchy Tuna Salad Boats by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Cucumber Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Feta Zucchini Bites by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Thai Soup Shooters by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Heirloom Caprese Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Jalapeño Mac ‘n Cheese Bites by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- The Modern Relish Tray by An Appealing Plan
- Mostarda di Frutta by Rhubarb and Honey
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Magnolia Days
- Ploughman’s Platter for a Party by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Puff Pastry Cheese Sticks by Basic N Delicious
- Rye Party Puffs by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Southwestern Turkey Sliders by The Texan New Yorker
- Spinach and Mushroom Pizza Bites by The Dinner-Mom
- Tomato Basil Soup Shooters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Alice in Wonderland Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Baked Lemon Glazed Mini Donuts by Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Chocolate Oreo Pocky Cupcakes, Cake, and Morello Cherry Buttercream by NinjaBaking
- French Silk Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Chocolate Brownie Bites by Wallflour Girl
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits (#glutenfree option) by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Raspberry Fools by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters by The Redhead Baker
- Vegan Caramel Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Bites by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Witchy Chocolate Mousse with Culinary Fairy Dust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla