You can buy (or make) vegan white chocolate but it is rarely on my radar since it was never my favourite. I went down to Whole Foods and stocked up. You can also get vegan peeps via Sweet & Sara but I haven’t seen them locally yet so I actually just used Dandies, which are my preferred vegan marshmallow of choice.
White Chocolate Brownies came to mind when trying to think of a recipe. You can really taste the sweetness of the marshmallows and the white chocolate is pretty smooth. These are quite dense, I didn’t use any leveners outside of the egg replacer so don’t expect much lift. Just dense sweetness 😉
Vegan White Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies
- 6 Tbsp Margarine
- 8 ounces Vegan White Chocolate
- 3 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Vegan Marshmallows or Vegan Peeps cut small
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour an 8 inch square baking pan, or line with foil.
- Melt margarine and 4 oz of white chocolate together in top of double boiler over hot water. When melted remove from heat and add the remaining white chocolate. Stir to blend well. Set aside.
- Mix together the egg replacer and water. Add the sugar and mix. Add white chocolate and margarine mixture, vanilla and flour. Beat just until smooth. Add marshmallows and mix in by hand, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into squares or bars