These were a surprising treat. It has a great caramel flavour that can get masked pretty easily but these bars really carried the flavour. I used almond butter but I’m trying sunbutter next time I make them. I think peanut butter might be too overwhelming.
Nutty Lucuma Bars
- 1¼ cup nuts or seeds I used 1 cup walnuts, ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup lucuma powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup nut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Blend your nuts or seeds in a food processor, spice grinder or high speed blender until they become a rough meal. Dump the ground nuts into a bowl and add the flaxseed, lucuma, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small pot, gently melt the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup. Stir the melted mixture into the nut mixture and stir well.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, then cut into bars or squares.