So this #SundaySupper is all about eating your greens. Greens are my lifestyle yo, but I totally get that some people need a little variation and might get sick of the veggies. I wanted to make dessert because I felt like it has been ages since I posted a new dessert recipe and adding something green to it wasn’t an issue. I had some Amazing Grass Amazing Meal in my pantry so I figured that totally counts.
While this is a great vegan protein powder it also has some green in it. It has wheat grass, kale, barley grass, alfalfa, plus veggies, flax and digestive help. All in my brownies. Yep. So while these have their share of sugar they also have some good stuff.
So, the variation that got these the rave reviews was the one with 100% coffee as the liquid. It made them full on mocha and chocolate flavour but believe it or not people could still taste the cinnamon. They went super quick. If you aren’t in love with coffee flavoured things (like myself) you can make them without the coffee and just use boiling water but I wouldn’t skip on the cinnamon in that instance. You don’t want any green flavours peaking through your fudgy brownies!
Amazing Grass Brownies
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion 2 sample packets
- 1 tsp Cinnamon optional
- 1 1/2 Cups Boiling Water or Strong Coffee
- 1 Cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350. Apply a thin layer of oil to the bottom of a square pan.
- Whisk the flour, sugar and baking powder into a bowl and set it to one side.
- In another bowl mix the cocoa, cinnamon and Amazing Grass. Add boiling water and / or hot coffee and beat vigorously to resolve any lumps in the cocoa. Add vegan mayo and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Combine the wet chocolate mixture with the flour mixture and pour into the pan. Bake until a toothpick you can and stabbing it back clean. This takes about 30 to 40 minutes.
Green Light Appetizers and Sides
- Espinacas con Crema (Creamed Spinach) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Steakhouse Style Creamed Spinach from It’s Yummi!
- Oven-Fried Green Beans from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Irish Champ from girlichef
- Fresh Herb Tabouleh from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Moroccan Greens from Cooking On The Ranch
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Polenta Crust Creamed Spinach Tart from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Broccoli Baked Potatoes from MealDiva
- Spinach and Artichoke Squares from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Green Rice from Basic N Delicious
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Tarts from Mess Makes Food
- Avocado Fries from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Spinach Cashew Pakoras with Tangy Date Sauce from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Garlicky Italian Green Beans and Potatoes from Webicurean
Getting Greens Through Salads
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes from Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Broccoli Spinach Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Apple, Spinach and Zucchini Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Brussels Sprouts Slaw from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Asparagus-Fennel-Pea Shoot Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Entreés That Will Leave You Green With Envy
- Eggs and Greens Pizza from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Creamy Green Pizza from The Foodie Patootie
- Shamrock Spinach Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Healthy Green Pasta from Momma’s Meals
- Swiss Chard & Sausage Pasta Bake from Delaware Girl Eats
- Smothered Cabbage with Pork from Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Fettuccine with Bacon Alfredo from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Roasted Asparagus Eggs Benedict With Cajun Hollandaise from Having Fun Saving
- Indulgent Pesto Risotto from The Weekend Gourmet
- Twice Baked Turkey Pie with Cabbage from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Slow-Cooker Irish Stout Chicken Stew from FoodieTots
- Chicken and Asparagus Flatbread Pizza from Family Foodie
Desserts and Beverages That Will Make Others Turn Green
- Lemon Kiwi Meringue Pie from Desserts Required
- Mint Cookies and Stout Shake from Melanie Makes
- Verde Sangria from Country Girl in the Village
- Baileys Mint Ice Cream & Chocolate Stout Float from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shamrock Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Green Tea Latte from Manu’s Menu
- Grasshopper Mousse from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Amazing Grass Brownies from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Leprechaun Ice Cream from Cookistry
- White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting from Cookin’ Mimi
- Collard Greens, Mushroom, and Cheddar Bread Pudding from The Texan New Yorker
- Coconut Avocado Ice Cream from URBAN BAKES
- Lime Meltaways from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Mint Cake from NinjaBaking.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.