Pears strike again. I mistakenly got some in my CSA and I knew what I had to do. Create another pear cake. I really wanted a bundt cake to share so that’s how this easy recipe came to be. You should have everything in your pantry, no weird ingredients! It does take quite a while to cook so patience is key with a thick cake like this. I topped it with powdered sugar because it always looks so pretty in photos but it is really unneeded, it tastes great naked 😉
Pear Bundt Cake
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups pears finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Beat together oil, almond milk and sugar.
- Mix dry ingredients and add to mixture. Add vanilla.
- Fold in chopped pears and nuts.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Spoon in batter and try to keep it even.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool cake for 20 minutes before removing from pan.