This #SundaySupper party has us getting our romantic on. Well, at least cooking or baking for two. This is my normal baking scheme to be honest. I cut recipes 90% of the time unless I’m working on one of my own and then I make a full batch.
This recipe started off as a larger batch but when the dough increases in volume it needs a bit of a binder to replace what would be the egg. When it is this small it works out fine. If you find the dough is a bit tacky try rolling it in between two sheets of cling film or let it set in the fridge for an hour. I didn’t have to let it set at all while using the cling film technique (I use it all the time, I rarely roll out dough without it!). The rose water is a light and different addition to these sugar cookies, perfect for Valentines Day. This recipe makes 12 small cookies, which is perfect for tea with your loved one. You can make them larger of course and give them as a gift!
German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1/4 tsp rose water
- 2 Tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- small pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Cream sugar and softened margarine until smooth. Beat in cream cheese and flavorings.
- Sift the dry ingredients; mix with batter.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut with cookie cutter.
- Bake on greased sheets in preheated 325ÂºF oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time may shorten if cookies are small.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Mommaâ€™s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from Itâ€™s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookinâ€™ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- FlambÃ©ed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbiâ€™s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Mommaâ€™s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Janeâ€™s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manuâ€™s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alidaâ€™s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindyâ€™s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de CrÃ¨me from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with CrÃ¨me Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentineâ€™s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Itâ€™s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.