The Behind the Curtain Challenge has started up again. I find the combination of flavours a big challenge so I love being a part of these. This month is marshmallows and hot chocolate. What is easier than a muffin?
I’m glad that Dandies are on the market or else I’d have to make my own marshmallows but not in this case today. Instead of hot chocolate per se, I opted for chocolate chips to give these s’mores muffins their chocolate. These are really dessert muffins, especially with the marshmallows. No passing them on as a health food but I won’t judge if you happen to have one for breakfast like I did.
Vegan S’mores Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Dandies vegan marshmallows cut into small pieces
- 3 squares of Graham Crackers broken up or about 1/4 cup more of graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Mix the ground flaxseeds and water in a small bowl. Set aside to gel for a few minutes. This is your egg replacer.
- Mix crumbs, sugar, and baking powder in medium bowl. Add almond milk, flaxseed mixture, and agave nectar. Stir just until moistened. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chopped chocolate.
- Spoon batter evenly into greased muffin pan, filling each cup 2/3 full. Mix remaining chocolate chips, marshmallows, and crumbled grahams; sprinkle evenly over batter in pan. Press lightly into batter.
- Bake 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.