Another swap complete! I’ve been making SO many cookies! And eating so many. What a wonderful time of the year. All cookies all the time baby!
I got some great cookies in the mail:
Cookies from Brownie Runs, Om Nom Dallas, and Namely Marley!
My recipe is kind of plain but still a bit festive. Rolled in powdered sugar it reminds me of snow that I won’t get unless I head up to Tahoe. Kind of. Because the powdered sugar melts into the cookies and gives it a bit of a crunch.
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup margarine softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray, or line with a silpat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Whip in vanilla, oil, lemon zest, and juice.
- Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar.
- Pour powdered sugar onto a shallow bowl. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies and cracked on top.
- Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.