Thanksgiving is my husbands favourite holiday. We’re pretty fond of Jewish high holidays too in this house so this year it’s a double whammy! I thought this year I would make a special dish for him since we can’t travel to family.
SooFoo is filling up my cupboards since I can’t stop buying it. I haven’t ever made a recipe with SooFoo so I thought I’d give it a go. This a a great grain casserole and the sausage brings it up another level. So easy, you don’t have to pre-cook the grains at all. All it takes is time in the oven.
I don’t do many giveaways but this one rocks. Get a SooFoo rice cooker and some sample packs! Try my favourite grain mixes yourself. The recipe doesn’t require the rice cooker so don’t worry if you don’t win however it’s my usual cooking method since you can set it and go. How to enter? Comment! I’m not going to do a rafflecopter or anything like that. Just comment and maybe tell me what your favourite holiday dish is, I’ll pick a winner next Monday.
Vegan SooFoo Sausage Casserole
- 1 cup SooFoo Original
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 vegan sausages I used LightLife Italian
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp margarine
- 3 cups vegetable broth I used non-chicken broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp marjoram
- salt and black pepper
- Fry onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are soft. Add the sausage, mushrooms and margarine and sauté until the sausage has colour and everything is fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and seasonings. Stir well.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2-2-quart casserole dish or keep in your pan if it is oven safe.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350°F.