Vegan Brownie Chocolate Ice Cream-3
Food, Ice Cream

Vegan MoFo Day 3: Brownie Chocolate Ice Cream

September 3, 2013

Vegan Brownie Chocolate Ice CreamI needed a crowd pleaser. Okay, I wanted something chocolate. Enter Vegan Brownie Chocolate Ice Cream from Minimalist Baker. Thank you. Seriously. My first ice cream with a coconut milk base. It turned out excellent. Plus, you know, chocolate.

Vegan Brownie Chocolate Ice Cream-2I didn’t want to use agave again, so I opted for granulated sugar. The first two ice creams were definitely homemade in texture but this one really hit the creamy spot. I only had it in the freezer about 2 hours before I made my cones and it was great. The brownie is leftover frozen brownies from the Vegan Brownies I made in July. Yeah, I didn’t want to share them so I put a few in the freezer. Good idea, that way I didn’t have to bake new ones for ice cream! I’m kind of regretting halving the recipe for making one pint only. Hrm. Well, I do have 27 more flavours to go!

Vegan Brownie Chocolate Ice Cream-3

veganmofo-400x84_g1

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

• Reply Shannon September 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Yum! There can never be too much chocolate in ice cream. I would have probably ended up dipping it in ganache and rolling it in jimmies, because I don’t know when to say no.

• Reply Clare September 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

It looks amazing. I’d try to lick it through the screen but that wouldn’t end well…

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

• Reply Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Hiya! Vegan MoFo Hoppin’! Nice place you have here! May I link you and visit and comment often!? Swing by my place and let me know!
    Jennifer recently posted…Vegan MoFo ~ Quinoa Lentil Garam MasalaMy Profile

• Reply Shannon September 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Totally cool, great meeting you!

• Reply Maggie Muggins September 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Sweet baby jesus that looks amazing! I’m with Shannon, ganache is the way to go, and maybe a brownie bowl, mmmm edible bowl.
    Maggie Muggins recently posted…Brown Baggin’ It: Herbed Cream Cheese BagelwichMy Profile

• Reply Shannon September 4, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Now I want to figure out how to make a brownie bowl. SO GOOD.

• Reply Jojo September 5, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Oh hell yeah! I want to get an ice cream maker just so that I can make brownie ice cream!
    Jojo recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday – Vegan MoFo 2013 Edition.My Profile