I’m so excited to be a part of the Behind The Curtain Dessert Challenge. I love themed challenges (duh) and this one is dessert exclusive. This month the challenge is Peaches & Cream. Man, I love peaches.
So, I made a Fresh Peach Pie on Sunday and today it’s long gone. Go figure. I seem to make a lot of peach muffins and I even already have a recipe for a Peach Coffee Cake. I wasn’t feeling a cobbler but I really wanted dessert. So I rummaged through my fridge and decided on rice pudding. You can make this rice pudding with leftover rice which is so easy. The cream part is coconut cream that is found in the canned coconut milk. I use all of the can and it cooks down to be so very creamy!
- 2 cups Precooked rice
- 1 can Coconut milk (13.5 fl oz)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon or baking spice
- few pinches nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 large Peaches, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup Agave nectar (optional if peaches are not super sweet or you just want more sweetness)
- In a small saucepan, add rice and coconut milk and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the peaches and agave nectar (adjust to taste), stir to combine and heat through.
- Feel free to serve warm or chilled.