I’m so very excited to have my very first #SundaySupper post. TheÂ Sunday Supper TeamÂ is a very inspirational group who are working on bring families together around the table.
Everyone this week is excited about Sara Moulton and her bookÂ Everyday Family Dinners. It’s been so hot in the house that I started looking around for something no-bake of course. She took to making the classic Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies on her show Cooking Live and was really looking forward to making a vegan version. Not very hard at all when there’s no eggs or weird ingredients to change up!
I did change it up, besides making vegan substitutions. There’s a lot of sugar in the original recipe. I’m not against sugar but hey, toning it down means you can eat a few more. The recipe also doesn’t state what type of oatmeal to use. Most cookies use quick oats which I never have on hand. My solution is to blitz the old-fashioned oats in a food processor for a few pulses to get things a bit more broken up. If you have quick oats on hand please feel free to use them.
The boiling of the mixture is important. These are kind of like a candy and you need toÂ dissolveÂ the sugar and other ingredients so that they firm up easily. I like mine cookie shaped. Since I use a cookie scoop I just flatten them out.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups quick oats or old fashioned oatmeal pulsed lightly in a food processor
- In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, margarine and non-dairy milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.
- On a sheet of waxed paper or a silpat, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, place in the fridge until cool and hardened.
Thanks Sunday Supper for having me! This is such a fun process and I hope to see you all around the table next week.
Please join me in welcoming Sara Moulton to #SundaySupper this week. Â Join us at 7pm Eastern Time for this special event. Â Â As you can tell, words can not express how thrilled I am to feature Sara and the recipes that have inspired me for years. Â Sara is going to chat about her favorite recipes, answer questions and share some Julia Child moments. Â I canâ€™t wait to hear her stories.
We are so excited for this event and want to share recipes fromÂ Sara Moultonâ€™s Everyday Family DinnersÂ with all of you. Â Join the chat and follow the bloggers listed below. Â Selected bloggers will be giving away a copy of this must have cookbook.
Here are more recipes inspired by Sara Moulton.Â Some of the bloggers are also hosting a giveaway for Saraâ€™s cookbook. Visit each one to read about their inspiration and for more chances to win:
- Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta byÂ Grannyâ€™s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce byÂ Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne byÂ Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak byÂ Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites byÂ La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille CrÃªpes with Goat Cheese byÂ Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza byÂ Runnerâ€™s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew byÂ Hezzi-Dâ€™s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza byÂ Juanitaâ€™s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini byÂ The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads byÂ The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice byÂ girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza byÂ No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta byÂ Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata byÂ Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels byÂ Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza byÂ In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce byÂ Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans byÂ Cindyâ€™s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons byÂ Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris byÂ Mamaâ€™s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado byÂ Ruffles & Truffles
Donâ€™t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp byÂ Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert byÂ Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies byÂ Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake byÂ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread byÂ A Kitchen Hoorâ€™s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade byÂ The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes byÂ Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake byÂ Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries byÂ Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes byÂ Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade byÂ Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday.Â We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out ourÂ #SundaySupper Pinterest boardÂ for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement?Â Itâ€™s easy. You can sign up by clicking here â†’Â Sunday Supper Movement.