I’m so very excited to have my very first #SundaySupper post. The Sunday Supper Team is a very inspirational group who are working on bring families together around the table.
Everyone this week is excited about Sara Moulton and her book Everyday Family Dinners. It’s been so hot in the house that I started looking around for something no-bake of course. She took to making the classic Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies on her show Cooking Live and was really looking forward to making a vegan version. Not very hard at all when there’s no eggs or weird ingredients to change up!
I did change it up, besides making vegan substitutions. There’s a lot of sugar in the original recipe. I’m not against sugar but hey, toning it down means you can eat a few more. The recipe also doesn’t state what type of oatmeal to use. Most cookies use quick oats which I never have on hand. My solution is to blitz the old-fashioned oats in a food processor for a few pulses to get things a bit more broken up. If you have quick oats on hand please feel free to use them.
The boiling of the mixture is important. These are kind of like a candy and you need to dissolve the sugar and other ingredients so that they firm up easily. I like mine cookie shaped. Since I use a cookie scoop I just flatten them out.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups quick oats or old fashioned oatmeal pulsed lightly in a food processor
- In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, margarine and non-dairy milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.
- On a sheet of waxed paper or a silpat, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, place in the fridge until cool and hardened.
Thanks Sunday Supper for having me! This is such a fun process and I hope to see you all around the table next week.
Please join me in welcoming Sara Moulton to #SundaySupper this week. Join us at 7pm Eastern Time for this special event. As you can tell, words can not express how thrilled I am to feature Sara and the recipes that have inspired me for years. Sara is going to chat about her favorite recipes, answer questions and share some Julia Child moments. I can’t wait to hear her stories.
We are so excited for this event and want to share recipes from Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family Dinners with all of you. Join the chat and follow the bloggers listed below. Selected bloggers will be giving away a copy of this must have cookbook.
Here are more recipes inspired by Sara Moulton. Some of the bloggers are also hosting a giveaway for Sara’s cookbook. Visit each one to read about their inspiration and for more chances to win:
- Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies by Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade by The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.