I didn’t use up all of my sweetened condensed milk from my cheesecake so I built a recipe around the leftovers. I’ll put the ingredients in the recipe so that you don’t have to hunt around. Honestly, I was surprised that this recipe was such a hit. I just kind of threw things together and it worked out great.
I love banana so including it in the recipe was an easy choice. I’ve also been rocking the coconut lately, it must be the weather. I knew I wanted chocolate so everything was married together in a 8×8 pan and they lived happily ever after.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Melt the margarine in an 8x8 pan in the oven while the oven is preheating.
- To make the sweetened condensed milk combine the shredded coconut, water, agave nectar, coconut oil and vanilla in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk mixture with the banana and set aside.
- Remove the melted margarine pan from the oven carefully and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour the wet mixture evenly over the crumbs.
- Top with the walnuts, chocolate chips and coconut, pressing down lightly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for an hour and then chill thoroughly in the fridge before cutting into bars.