I love any sort of bran muffins. I’ve been playing around with a recipe since I had some apples to use up and haven’t been eating much lately. I’ve kind of hit an apple wall in just eating them plain anyway so I really wanted something not so boring. I guess a bran muffin isn’t so avant garde but hey, I love bran muffins. I’ve tried these with oat bran, wheat bran and wheat germ. All work okay but the bran is way better than the straight up wheat germ.
Apple Raisin Bran Muffin Recipe
- 3 Tbs ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium apple chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup organic unrefined sugar
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare your muffin pan.
- Peel and chop your apple.
- Whisk flax seeds and water until it gets thick.
- Add the sugar, non dairy milk, vegetable oil to the flax seeds and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wheat bran, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking spice and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and add the apple chunks and raisins.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.