I’m starting to get burnt out. Day 24 and I’m still baking. I swear this is getting tiresome. I decided I have never written up a basic recipe for lemon muffins. These muffins are light and fluffy. They can also hold other fruit easily like berries and would pair well with the flavour. I tend to serve them if I’m having a brunch full of flavour already since they are light and not overpowering.
Basic Vegan Lemon Muffin Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg replacer ener-g makes these really fluffy
- 1/3 cup margarine melted
- 1 lemon peel and juice
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In separate bowl, mix together the almond milk, egg replacer, margarine, lemon peel and juice until smooth.
- Stir mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut and fill greased or lined muffin cups two-thirds full (no fuller, they do puff up).
- Bake in preheated oven 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and muffins test done.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire racks.