Okay, there might have been a reason why I had leftover tofu to make a quick frozen dessert. This recipe calls for 6oz and I hate to waste ingredients, plus I had to wait for this to cool before I could take pictures. I found this recipe randomly while blog surfing over on Dermie Pie but they seem to have deleted it so I can’t link back. It is a variation of a Vegetarian Times recipe and I’m just going to post it below. It isn’t my recipe, I just want to make that very clear. It turned out great and I’ll for sure make this again. I have to say this is one of the reasons why I send myself an email from my rss feed instead of bookmarking everything. This could have been a sad moment if I couldn’t find the original recipe.
Double Chocolate Blueberry Pound Cake
(Adapted a vanilla pound cake recipe from Vegetarian Times Magazine)
What You’ll Need;
6 oz silken tofu (I used firm Mori Nu)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 and 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup blueberries
1. Add your tofu, sugar, oil, almond, vanilla, and cocoa powder into a blender and process until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, soda, salt) and chocolate chips and blueberries and create a well in the center.
3. Pour the blended mixture into the well and combine wet and dry.
4. Pour mixture into a well buttered/sprayed loaf pan. This batter was sticky and kind of thick.
5. Top with raw sugar if you want it to be prettier/festive!
6. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.