Always on the hunt for good cookie recipes. As I’ve stated before, there’s nothing wrong with a plain chocolate chip cookie but it does get boring to write about.
I was messing around and made up this concotion. Coworkers deemed them “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies in the World”
But you have to wait a day to eat them. As I found out when I wanted a chocolate chip cookie and started the recipe.
This is probably a very bad recipe for dough eaters honestly as it has to sit in the fridge overnight. Or maybe it’s a good recipe for dough eaters since they can just eat the dough.
I trucked on though and made the cookies the next day since I don’t eat dough. Even vegan dough, it just squicks me out.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies in the World?
- 2 C Cake flour
- 1 1/2 C Bread flour
- 1 tsp Corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 C 2 1/2 sticks Earth Balance
- 1 1/3 C Brown sugar
- 1 C White sugar
- 2 Eggs worth of egg replacement we used EnerG here
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 C Chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine both types of flour, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch and 1 tsp salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the Earth Balance with both types of sugar, scraping the bottom of the bowl periodically to make sure the ingredients are well-combined. Add the egg replacement and the vanilla and beat well, scraping the inside of the bowl.
- Reduce the speed on the stand mixer to low and add the dry ingredients until just barely combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir until incorporated. Be careful not to over mix the cookies or they will be tough!
- In order for these cookies to be the best they can be, the margarine needs to reconstitute as a solid or the cookies wonâ€™t cook well. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the bowl and press it against the top of the cookie dough, making a tight seal. Place the cookies in the refrigerator to chill for at least 24 hours, preferably 36 hours. This is important, donâ€™t skip this step or the cookies will spread and become dry and crispy.
- Once the cookies are done refrigerating, preheat the oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and make balls of dough that are a bit larger than a golf ball. Place the balls on a baking sheet with ample space between each cookie. Sprinkle the cookies lightly with the remaining salt.
- Bake each cookie sheet one individually for 21-23 minutes or until the cookies are just starting to get a light golden brown. Donâ€™t over bake, the cookies will continue to bake about an additional 10 percent after being removed from the oven. Immediately transfer from the pan to a cooling rack.