I made pie! Well, I made mini pies, so I hope that the recipe is translated well. I had quite a bit of butterfinger candy left over from my cupcakes since I wouldn’t let the husband just inhale it. Most butterfinger pies I’ve seen around use cool whip so I thought I could just replace it with cashew cream. Plus, if you have too much filling you can always just sample it to make sure it’s good. That’s what I did.
The pie base isn’t very sweet since it is mostly cashews. However, after adding the candy crumbles it takes on a sweetness that is perfect, especially with the topping. You might as well go straight for the white sugar in this recipe since it is full of candy, there’s no denying this one is a recipe to share with friends.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (chocolate would be fabulous and it wouldn't need the drizzle)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butterfinger candy crumbs
- Butterfinger candy pieces to garnish
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Combine the soaked cashews, 1/2 cup of water, sugar and vanilla in a high speed blender. Blend until perfectly smooth and thick, adding the extra water as needed. I personally needed the whole 3/4 of a cup.
- Fold in the butterfinger crumbs and pour into the pie shell. Top with candy crumbs and drizzle with chocolate.
- Chill for at least an hour and then serve.