Working on a recipe is fun a lot of the times. Sometimes it is just frustrating. Biscotti needs a balance between crumbly and dunkable. The banana in these makes them a bit more soft, especially after they have been in a container a few days. Fresh they are quite crisp. Either way, they are pretty darn tasty.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans -- toasted
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine banana, oil, vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and pecans (dough will be sticky).
- Shape dough into a flattened log with floured hands. It is much easier to form this on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Flatten to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes.
- Remove rolls from baking sheet. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Cut the log diagonally into 12 (1/2-inch) slices.
- Place slices, cut sides down, on baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250º.
- Bake 15 minutes. Turn cookies over. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheet. Cool completely on wire racks.