I wasÂ surprisedÂ by these honestly. IÂ was experimenting and liked the results.
How did they go over with guests? Well! They were odd at first, but really darn tasty. Maybe because I really love almond butter. Add coconut and it only gets better.
Agave Almond Macaroons
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 Ener-g egg replacer mixed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Either fill an ice cream scoop with dough and release as mounds on a lined baking tray OR roll balls of dough in your hands, flattening one side and placing it on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the outside has browned slightly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.