I was surprised by these honestly. I was experimenting and liked the results.
How did they go over with guests? Well! They were odd at first, but really darn tasty. Maybe because I really love almond butter. Add coconut and it only gets better.
Agave Almond Macaroons
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 Ener-g egg replacer mixed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Either fill an ice cream scoop with dough and release as mounds on a lined baking tray OR roll balls of dough in your hands, flattening one side and placing it on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the outside has browned slightly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.