You knew it was coming. Really, what else do you do with homemade caramel chips? Feel free to buy some vegan butterscotch chips, make your own, or just throw caution to the wind and use a non vegan caramel or butterscotch chips. The dark brown sugar is a must.
Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- Caramel Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cups oatmeal
- 6 ounces of caramel/butterscotch chips
- Mix flaxseeds and hot water and set aside. This will gel up easily with the hot water into a goopy egg consistency.
- Cream margarine, brown sugar, and sugar. Add flaxseeds, vanilla and beat well.
- Combine salt, baking soda, flour, and oatmeal. Stir into creamed mixture. Stir in caramel chips.
- Drop onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.