Oh hi. These are amazing. The end.
No, seriously. I wasn’t expecting much so I only made a half batch. Again, nuts and nutty flavours. But not walnuts, which really got me thinking. It’s mostly walnuts I can live without in baked goods, especially cookies and brownies. But hazelnuts? I really like hazelnuts and I grew up on Nutella and wonderful hazelnut spreads. I didn’t end up making my own hazelnut spread because I had some vegan stuff in the pantry. I mean, are there people who don’t keep a Nutella like substance in their pantry? Well probably, and I bet they fit in their pants better too. That’s another issue.
TheseÂ areÂ inbetween fudgy and cakey. I think that’s the perfect description.
The Wannabe Chef's Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup room temperature margarine
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour I used all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water or soymilk
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon chocolate chips optional
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, cream the chocolate hazelnut spread, sugar, and margarine together.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Pour in your liquid and mix until the batter comes together uniformly.
- Fold in any chocolate chips or hazelnuts you might be using.
- Grease an 8Ã—8 baking pan and press the batter in in an even layer.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely before cutting in.