So when you are out of an ingredient, how is it that is all you crave? I ran out of maple syrup and had to run and pick some up this weekend. Which isn’t as easy as running to the grocery store because I like Canadian maple syrup, not Vermont. Hey, I’m Canadian, I’m sorry.
I’ve been making these cookies for awhile and never posted the recipe over here. This time I rolled them in a mixture of maple sugar and regular granulated sugar which is why they look a bit textured. You can do either. I was trying to get more maple flavour today so thought it was a good idea.
- Maple Crackle Top Cookies
- 1 c. shortening
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. maple syrup
- 4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Whisk up egg replacer, add it to the shortening and sugar and add the syrup and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients. Beat until blended. Chill.
- Shape into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Roll in granulated sugar. Flatten a bit as mine don't spread much.
- Bake about 10 minutes in 350 degrees oven.