Okay, this is a basic recipe. As I’ve said time and time again, I’m not a fan of walnuts. The husband can’t get enough of them. I decided to whip up a batch of cookies and of course he wanted nuts. I do like cashews so I tossed those in. Couldn’t help but add some chocolate chips. Next time I might try a variation that has cashew nut butter!
Vegan Cashew Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ener-g egg replacer
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt if not using salted nuts
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped cashews
- Cashews halved, for tops of cookies
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Beat shortening, brown sugar, almond milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Add egg replacer, flour, salt and baking soda, mixing well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped cashews.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Place a cashew half on top of each cookie.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling rack.