Okay, I’ve been lazy and this is one lazy recipe if you consider dehydrating your own oranges or fruit lazy. Which honestly there isn’t much to it. Neither is throwing the fruit in a food processor with raw cashews and unsweetened coconut. Oh, I just spelled out the whole recipe. I’ve gotten a lot of oranges/tangerines/clementines via my CSA and I’m not just into inhaling citrus this year. Mostly because I’m finding it a bit tart and not really sweet at all. I honestly find Florida citrus a bit sweeter, but that could just be the citrus I’ve been getting for the past month. So I chopped it up and threw it in my dehydrator. Probably could have just segmented it but that would have been easy. The insides didn’t get completely dry so if you are making this recipe you might need to add a bit of liquid, especially if you are using commercial dried fruit. I like that these are not as sweet as my regular raw balls but if I was making them a lot I would add a few dates if my oranges were still not as sweet as my palette calls for. This might work well with sweetened coconut, but I didn’t want the added sugar this batch.
Orange Cashew Coconut Balls Recipe
- Orange Cashew Coconut Balls
- 1 cup dehydrated oranges or fruit of choice, maybe pineapple!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1-2 dates if your fruit isn't sweet enough for you.
- Add all to a food processor and blend until it starts to come together. You may add a tablespoon of orange juice if things are not coming together, but it should work fine without. Add the dates if you don't feel the balls are sweet enough, depending on the sweetness of your fruit.