Here’s another recipe we eat a lot since I really like beans. I think I was on a casserole kick a few years ago, I swear I made other things but I can’t think of what! I think I was eating this a lot during my McDougall days. I just found it on Twtek’s site so it must have been from the boards. What a lovely bunch of people, let me tell you.
South Of The Border Bean Casserole
- 1 package taco seasoning mix I use a few tablespoons of Penzeys chicken taco seasoning
- 2 bell peppers chopped (I use frozen mixed and just chop them up)
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained (used black soy this round)
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a casserole dish. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more, or until heated through.
- This is very good by itself, but it's also good as a topping for rice.