(and then he dropped me… joking! I think, it could explain a lot)
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate, no whip. Marshmallows are okay though
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped, Santa used to bring the tree as well in our house growing up.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Coloured.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I have a mistletoe ball from my mom, so yes when I decorate!
5. When do you put your decorations up? It depends, but always in December. This year they are not up at all. Sometimes I’m just not into it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Peanut butter balls? Does that count? Moose munch for breakfast of course. So not vegan.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My mom went all out for us at our grandparents house. As I said, Santa even brought the tree until I was about 5 or 6.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My brother ruined it for me very early on. If I played along, I still got presents, I knew the drill.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to only open one, now the husband makes us open them all. He’s impatient like that.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have a bunch of random decorations and balls. We just got rid of the fiber optic tree, it was pretty funny.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Dread it, but it is kind of fitting on Christmas. This year, total avoidance! Yay!
12. Can you ice skate? I used to ice skate a lot, even in our backyard after we hosed it down (totally Canadian, eh?). I technically learned how to skate before I learned how to walk. I was one lazy baby.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Barbie RV/Motorhome is right up there. The husband gets me a lot of fab gifts, usually electronics that rock with every option that comes for said device since he’s not good with moderation or making choices. This year was full of knives, kitchen gagets and a funny running (hiking) shirt.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spoiling my husband.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Peanut butter balls. Or my mom’s cherry cheesecake. The only cheesecake I like honestly. And I don’t make it at all, go figure.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The Italian cookie platter drop offs (I grew up in an Italian neighbourhood). Why yes, my favourite holiday tradition is food based.
17. What tops your tree? A star of david.
18. Which do you prefer: Giving or receiving? Giving, but damn receiving is fun!
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? Yummy! It was my first “food”!
20. Favorite Christmas movie? Die Hard I guess. I don’t really like Christmas movies.
21. Saddest Christmas song? I don’t like Christmas music so most of them make me a sad bunny.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Fairytale of New York by The Pogues.