I had some peaches, we’re at the end of the season. Instead of just shoving them in my maw, I made some muffins. These muffins are just so tasty. You can use brown sugar if you would like, but regular granulated works well. Not included in the recipe, but I did dust the tops with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar for just a bit more crunch. I think they are fine without it but it is a nice addition since the cinnamon really brings out the very ripe peach flavour.
Fresh Peach Muffin Recipe
- 1 egg replacer
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peeled chopped fresh ripe peaches
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the peaches and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir to mix; set aside.
- Beat the egg, oil, and milk together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, mace, and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir until the flour is moistened. Fold in the peaches. Divide batter among the muffin cups; each will be about 2/3 cull. Bake about 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan immediately to avoid sticking.