I decided to use my Godiva coffee for baking! I’m not a coffee lover, but it is great in baked goods. I plan on baking with the Chocolate Truffle as well. That demands something chocolatey. This go around I decided to use the French Vanilla. I pieced together a recipe to suit my needs. It tastes very strongly of the coffee, which is a great thing for coffee lovers!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 egg replacers
- 1 cup brewed coffee (Godiva French Vanilla)
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- I tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 tsp. vanilla if not using a flavoured coffee
- Cream shortening with sugar. Add and vanilla, egg replacers, coffee and molasses.
- Add Flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt,baking powder, and baking soda. Stir until just combined.
- Add dates and mix. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until it tests done.
- Note: You may add 1 cup of nuts if that floats your boat.