Well, I had leftover carrots and wanted muffins. I’ve posted the recipe for these more healthy muffins on my old blog so I figured I would repost the recipe here. You can leave out the nuts or coconut, but I think these are great fully loaded.
Apple-Carrot Muffin Recipe
- Apple-Carrot Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 large tart green apple peeled, cored and grated
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 egg replacer
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in carrot, apple, almonds and coconut.
- Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg replacer, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pans.