Everyone gets cravings. So I whipped up some Peanut Butter Muffins. I used regular granulated sugar this time around instead of light brown that I used last time and I prefer the light brown sugar. They are still good mind you. I mean, they are chocolate and peanut butter, can that ever really go wrong?
The dough on these is a bit difficult to work with but hey, they taste good. More like a cookie dough. Just a fyi, they are ones I bake when I don’t want a sugar overload.
- ½ cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 1 t Ener-g egg replacer powder
- 1 T warm water
- ⅓ cup Sucanat or sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened soymilk [or what you have]
- 1 generous t pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour, spooned and leveled
- ½ T baking powder
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Cream together peanut butter, Ener-g egg replacer powder and warm water
- Add & mix sucanat, soymilk and vanilla extract
- Add and mix until just combined flour and baking powder
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour into prepared muffin vessel and bake for 16 minutes