This is a really easy coffee cake. I’ve made it a few times but this time I cut the recipe in half and made it in a loaf pan. I just didn’t need a whole coffee cake. I wanted a whole coffee cake, but I was showing restraint.
That brings me to a point. Since there are only two of us in this household, (and currently only one in California) I’m rarely making a full batch of anything. When you are baking vegan it is so much easier to pair down. Half an egg is pretty easy to work out and that way you get a variety of things.
I only made a small batch of this cake because honestly I wanted to eat my peaches in their natural form. So I got the best of both worlds with some warm coffee cake and some wonderful local sweet peaches.
Vegan Peach Coffee Cake
- Peach Coffee Cake
- Servings: 9
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup egg substitute about 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup peeled fresh peaches chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F. Spray 9 inch cake pan with cooking oil spray. In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mixing well.
- In another small bowl, combine oil, non dairy milk, vanilla and egg substitute, blending well. Add to the flour and sugar mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chopped fresh peaches. Spoon batter into prepared cake pan.
- In another small bow, combine sugar and cinnamon, mixing well. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400Â°F for 25 to 33 minutes until top is lightly browned. Serve warm alone or with fat-free frozen yogurt.