I wanted brownies. I had some bananas to use up first. So I combined the two which worked out well. I wouldn’t consider these brownies themselves, so let’s just go with bars. They were tasty. I added pistachios because I had to get rid of them, but I think I would prefer these plain. Only because I’m not a huge fan of nuts in my brownie like bars. That’s just me!
Banana Fudge Bars
- 1/3 cup margarine melted
- 1/4 cup dutch cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs or egg replacers
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon non dairy milk
- 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat your oven to 350Â°. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil and spray or grease.
- Combine the margarine, cocoa, and sugar in aÂ large bowl. Add the eggs or egg replacer, vanilla and non dairy milk.
- SiftÂ flour, salt and baking powder into another bowl. Alternately add the wetÂ to sifted dry ingredients. Stir in the bananas and nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Cut into bars while still warm. Makes 1 dozen bars.