Bananas and blueberries seem like such an obvious choice. These are really tasty and great for a breakfast. The blueberries tend to get a bit mushy after a few days so I would freeze them if you don’t want to eat them right away. However, I doubt they will last that long if you have any friends or family that love blueberries you should be out of these in no time 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg replacer
- 1/3 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 375°. Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl; make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, mash bananas; add sugar, egg replacer and melted margarine; mix well.
- Pour mixture into well. Mix batter until just moistened; do not over mix.
- Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour and gently fold into batter.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.