Holy yum. I loved these little raw balls of fun. I love having snacks like this in the fridge for when I’m just looking for something. 90% of the time when I’m looking, it is for something sweet and this fits the bill. I only wish that I had maybe measured a bit better (or um, measured, shh!) because I had a problem with them sticking together. But really, it wasn’t that big of a deal. They tasted great. I think that I added too much carrot which gave everything too much moisture to hold together well. Don’t worry, I’ll pull out my food processor again for this recipe very soon!
No-Bake Oatmeal Raisin Carrot Cake Bites
- 1/ 2 c dry old-fashioned oats + 2 tbsp reserved
- 1/4 c carrots
- 1/4 c pitted medjool dates I used 4 large, moist dates
- 1/4 c raisins I used a raisin medley blend + 1/4 c reserved
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend the oats and carrots in a Vita or food processor for about 10 seconds. Then add everything else (except the reserved ingredients) and blend for another 20 seconds or until incorporated. Don’t overblend.
- Remove the dough and by hand, stir in the reserved: 2 Tbsp dry oats 1/4 c raisins
- Form into bite-sized balls or cookie shapes. If needed, refrigerate or freeze the dough for 15 minutes to make it less sticky and easier to work with.
- Yields: 1 dozen bites the size of a quarter gumball. Store in freezer or refrigerator.
- Optional: Pinch Pumpkin Pie Spice, Pinch Ground Ginger, 1/8 c Coconut Flakes, 1/8 c Walnuts/Almonds, 1/8 c chocolate chips. Add frosting drizzle at the end, such as storebought Cream Cheese Frosting. Or, follow my Raw Vegan Cheezecake Filling recipe (and reduce by half) for raw vegan cream cheeze frosting.