Baking, Food, Recipes, Sweet

Fiery Valentines Vegan Fudge Recipe

January 29, 2011

I’m always up for a challenge and when I saw this Fiery Vegan Valentine Contest over at Cook.Vegan.Lover. I knew I wanted to make a special dessert. What is more special than chocolate? Okay, nothing and I don’t consider it really special as some people eat it every day. But who makes fudge every day? And fudge with a kick in the pants? Yeah, that is what I was going for. The heat in these is an afterthought heat which I love. Go ahead and add the cayenne to your liking, I like mine hot! The husband confiscated all of this so I guess it got his seal of approval.

Fiery Valentines Vegan Fudge

4 Cups Confectioners Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp Margarine
1/2 Cup Non Dairy Milk (I used Almond)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 – 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper

Add the sugar, cocoa, chocolate chips, cinnamon and cayenne to a large bowl. In a small sauce pan heat the margarine and non dairy milk.  When the milk has melted the margarine and has started to bubble around the edges pour over the mixture in the large bowl and let set for a few minutes. Then stir to completely melt the chocolate chips and pour into an 8 x 8 greased pan. Let cool completely before cutting into shapes or squares.

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

• Reply veganhappymama January 29, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Ok, I need to know what it tastes like. Cayenne pepper? Help me out why to use this with chocolate.

• Reply Shannon January 30, 2011 at 12:17 AM

It tastes really good and gives it a kick at the end of the flavour profile. I dig it.

• Reply Fiery Vegan Valentine Contest Entries : : Cook. Vegan. Lover. February 10, 2011 at 4:40 PM

[...] Fiery Valentines Fudge [...]

• Reply 1st Annual Vegan Valentine Contest : : Cook. Vegan. Lover. February 11, 2011 at 9:58 AM

[...] Shannon’s Fiery Valentine Vegan Fudge [...]

• Reply Joanne T Ferguson February 8, 2014 at 8:44 PM

G’day! Looks so yum and healthy!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Viewed as part of the Foodie Friends Friday Valentine’s Day Party!
    Cheers! Joanne
    Joanne T Ferguson recently posted…#Foodie Friends Friday Valentine’s Day PartyMy Profile

• Reply Marlys (This and That) February 10, 2014 at 10:34 AM

This sounds good.. Love the addition of the cayenne pepper. Thanks for linking up to our Foodie Friends Friday Valentine’s Party and I hope you will join us at our Snack Food party this week.