I’m going to have to go back to my anti-candida diet for awhile. Bummer. I’m super stressed at work but I’ve been sick after eating everything (including plain salads) and that’s a big red flag for the Candidiasis in my intestines & stomach. So is the weight gain and mega bloat, but I wasn’t so worried until the stomach issues started. Boo. I don’t think I’m going to go through the injection series again (my doctor does weekly allergy-like immunity shots for my candida and mold crap) since I have to pay out of pocket so I’m just going to be pretty darn strict for the next few weeks to see if it starts to ease the pain. I was also on a lot of nystatin last time, but I want to see if I can get things under control before I do drugs again (and pay about $250 to talk to the doctor). I bought a product called ThreeLac but I’m not sure if it is scammy or not. Mixed reviews, most people online are bitter, so your mileage may vary I have the money to see the doctor, don’t get me wrong. And I will if I can’t get this better on my own. However, I really want to make an effort to clear things up on my own first.
You know, during the holidays. UGH. Doesn’t mean I won’t be baking more though, don’t worry. I’ll find other mouths to feed.
So for me:
- no sugar. really. I do a bit of stevia in protein shakes.
- no fruit (maybe grapefruit, tomatoes). My physician says 2 pieces of fruit a day. I might have to do that, but right now it is out for a few weeks.
- only quinoa, millet, amaranth, and brown rice for grains to start. maybe I’ll try teff. White sushi rice won’t kill me either
- tons of veg
- no starchy veg, like potatoes, carrots, corn unless I’m out and can’t get much more. I’m not going to pick carrot shreds out of a salad.
- no breads, yeasts (including fake meats with torula yeast, punks. thank goodness for Match), no white flour
- no fermented wonderful things like vinegars, alcohol (I cheat with mustard sometimes)
- cold pressed oils
- limited nuts, legumes and no mushrooms (boo!), but I’ll include tofu and green beans. No peanuts or pistachios too high a mold content.
After a bit, a bit more fruit and starchy veg, oh, and a bit more grain variation. This part doesn’t have to be for a super long time. The main things to avoid are sugar and yeast for me. I’ll let my body figure out when I can re-introduce those things, and test the waters like I did last time. However, I have a feeling refined sugars are out until next year. Same with bread. Says the bread baker. *sigh*
I hate the fact that I have to do this after really coming to terms with Intuitive Eating. The fact that I have to restrict myself kills me. However, in order to feel better, I have to do it. My body is not happy with me, and I need to fuel it properly. It is yelling, so I need to hear what it is saying.
The good thing is that it could just be major stress. It might not be a huge candida problem. It might go away when the holidays are over and I’m back to a more regular schedule. And if so, that just means I filled my body full of great foods and looked after it a bit better for a few weeks. There is never any harm in that. I don’t go through the cleanses and all of that. I’d rather it take a bit longer than have to sit on the pot for a week. Heh.